BCS is proud of its long tradition of choral singing. Founded in 1838, we are one of the country’s longest established choral societies. BCS adopted its constitution in July 2000 and became a registered charity in October of that year.
The choir currently comprises some 70 amateur singers from many different walks of life. We are mostly self-financing, with income being raised from members’ subscriptions, concert ticket sales, programme adverts and some specific project sponsorship.
Over the years the Society has performed a stimulating and varied repertoire with piano, organ and orchestral accompaniment. Every season we perform 3/4 concerts in different local venues.
We are eager to reach out to new sections of the community, nurture new young talent, welcome new singers and encourage our audiences and the wider population across the region to enjoy and become involved in music.